This Summer, challenge yourself to keep our beaches clean! Plastic pollution is a problem of epidemic proportions in our world’s oceans, but each of us can make a REAL difference.
Whether it’s single-use plastic bags, straws, bottles, or anything else you might run across in your daily routine it’s time to make a change!
Nobody is perfect and it takes time to make permanent changes to our everyday habits. But we want to help you keep track of your progress along the way.
Download our plastic pollution journal here:
- Make an initial estimation of your daily plastic item usage. This is the baseline (your starting number) and what you should be trying to beat each day.
- Tally each day how many of each category of plastic you use. You can use a simple tally system to add each item here. Add the tallies together to get a number for total plastic used that day.
- After four weeks of tallying your data. It’s time to see your personal impact! Add up your numbers and divide by 28 to get your daily average for the month.
- Email your completed journal to [email protected] so we can count your impact along with the rest of our global ocean community!
- Challenge your friends and family to reduce their plastic footprint this Summer!