HR 200 – a bill that would compromise the foundations of US fisheries management – is coming up for a vote soon. If it’s enacted, it would threaten the rebuilding of vulnerable fish stocks, undermine science-based catch limits and overrule key environmental laws.
What can you do to protect coastal communities and oceans from unsustainable, unscientific new fishing laws?
- Call your Members of Congress and tell them you support healthy fisheries and you urge them to OPPOSE HR 200
- Use social media to tag your member of Congress and tell them they should OPPOSE HR 200
- Write a letter to the editor (LTE) of your local newspaper to tell your community why healthy fisheries matter and why your member of Congress should OPPOSE HR 200
- For an LTE writing guide, template LTE, and helpful tips, click here.
- Email your Member of Congress and tell them you support healthy fisheries and you urge them to OPPOSE HR 200
- HR 200 Fact Sheet
- Magnuson Stevens Act 101
- Magnuson Stevens Act by the Numbers
- Congress Should Stick to the Science