TerraMar’s #NoMoreButts campaign to tackle cigarette butt litter gives individuals the tools they need to recycle butts.
For those who live within the United States, Canada, and United Kingdom, TerraMar provides you with free shipping labels to send your waste to TerraCycle’s facilities – the world’s leader in the collection and re purposing of complex waste.
For individuals living elsewhere in the world, TerraMar can still help you to collect your waste and give you tips for proper disposal.
Check out TerraMar’s Pocket Ash Tray (Coming Soon) which can help by providing an alternative option to littering butts.
US, UK Instructions
- Collect your waste in an ash tray or receptacle. If you’re traveling and not near a receptacle, carry a pocket ash tray with you to collect your waste!
- Important: Wait until you have 3 lbs of waste or more before packaging and shipping (about the size of a shoe-box). This helps saves fossil fuels!
- Check out our instructions for how to package the materials
- Email [email protected] to receive your free shipping label.
- In the US: Bring the packaged waste to your local UPS store to be mailed out, it’s that simple!
- In the UK: Order a pick-up via UPS by calling 03457 877 877 or book a collection online here, and UPS will collect at your location. It really is that easy!
- Collect your waste in an ash tray or receptacle.
- If you are traveling and not near a receptacle, carry a pocket ash tray with you to collect your waste!
- You can contact your local recycling facilities to ask if cigarette butt waste is something they can recycle.
- If there is no recycling option, please place your waste into a receptacle where it is sealed and cannot blow away. Discard through local waste management as you would with other household waste.